IDrive's VMware backup is an easy, secure and one of the most reliable solutions to backup virtual machines of any size with incremental backups.
To backup your VMware virtual machines,
- Click the 'Server Backup' tab.
- Click ‘Backup’ under VMware Backup section.
- Select the 'ESX 5.5/ESX 6.0/ESX 6.5' radio button.
- Select the virtual machine(s) from the list, which appears, and specify the temporary backup path.
- Select 'Online Backup' or 'Local Backup' radio button, and click 'Schedule Now'. The Schedule backup screen appears.
- Either schedule the backup for any future day and time or perform an immediate backup of the selected virtual machines.
To backup multiple ESX virtual machine(s) from vCenter,
- Login to the IDrive application and click the Server Backup tab.
- In the VMware Backup section, click Backup. The VMware Login screen appears.
- Select the vCenter radio button.
- Enter IP address, Username, Password, and click ‘Connect to vCenter’.
- Select the virtual machine(s) from the list and specify the local backup path.
- Select the Online Backup or Local Backup radio button.
- Click Schedule Now. The 'Schedule backup' screen is displayed where you can schedule the backup for any future day and time or perform an immediate backup of the selected virtual machine(s).